The schedule and expert panelists have been announced for the first day of the 2014 Trail Running Conference.
Day 1 of the exciting 3 day celebration of Trail Running is specifically for Trail Race Directors, combining expert speaker panels and Trail Race Directors at round table sessions to share information and brainstorm ideas that will be vital for all Trail Race Directors. This is the first event of it’s kind in the USA, and is expected to attract more than 25 Trail Race Directors from all across North America. The second annual Trail Running Conference in the USA, the Estes Trail Ascent, takes place October 9-11, 2014, at the historic Stanley Hotel, Estes park, Colorado.
The day for Trail Race Directors starts at 9.00 am with introductions and a review of the schedule, and then moves through 8 sessions targeted at subjects that a recent survey of Trail Race Directors indicated were the most important areas to create sustainable, successful, and profitable Trail Races. Lunch will include a presentation from Leslie Jordan Apparel, who will also be providing co-branded jackets for each Trail Race Director that attends. The full schedule can be seen at this link.
Six guest expert panelists combine to bring a wealth of experience in directing key Trail Races in North America from Ultra distance to shorter events. The panel comprises:
- Tia Bodington – RD Miwok 100K and former Managing Editor of Ultrarunning Magazine – specialist areas: sustainability, volunteer recruitment, public use, and safety and race amenities
- Ron Ilgen – President and RD of Pikes Peak Marathon, Pikes Peak Ascent, Garden of the Gods 10 Mile, and Summer Roundup 12K Trail Run – specialist areas: Logistics, volunteer recruitment & retention, producing a safe event especially weather challenges!
- Steve Croucher – Trail Running Race Director for the La Sportiva Vail Mountain Trail Running Race Series, presented by The North Face – “There’s a great tradition with the La Sportiva Trail Running Race Series over the past 38 years, and it’s my goal to do everything I can to continue to provide an amazing value for our trail runners with each passing year, celebrating the growth of the sport, and developing new ways to showing how great trail running is for our youngest racers all the way to the most loyal, eldest members of the trail running community.”
- Tanner Bell – President and Co-Founder of Ragnar Relays – specialist areas: promotion & marketing, attracting & retaining sponsors, media relationships, & sustainability
- Nancy Hobbs – Founder & Executive Director, ATRA(American Trail Running Association), organized the first US women’s MRT in 1995, Treasurer on the WMRA (World Mountain Running Association) Council, Chair USATF MUT (Mountain / Ultra / Trail Running ) Council
- Craig Mintzlaff – Founder of Race Director Supplies, and current manager of logistics for Endurance Race Series, with 9 trail races in Colorado. Craig spent 7 years at Competitor Group and currently works on Expo Sales and Management for over 50 events in Colorado and 2 national series totaling another 25 races. He also announces for 20 races here in Colorado.
Cost for the day for Trail Race Directors is $125, and includes lunch and refreshment breaks. Attendees have the option to extend their registration to include the following two Conference days for Trail Runners on Friday October 10, and Saturday October 11, at a discounted rate. Register now using this link!
For further information regarding the second annual Trail running Conference, please contact Event Director, Terry Chiplin – 303 304-9159.
Contact us for more information on Active Mind Race Camps™, or personalized mental preparation coaching.
Also check out the training camps from Active at Altitude here in Estes Park:
Women’s Running Camps
Trail Running Camps
Triathlon Training Camps