Marathon challenges are not a new concept to the runningcommunity. Boston 2 Big Sur, 50 States Marathon Club and Marathon Maniacs are among the most popular. In 2014, runners will have another one to add to their goal list — the Marathons of Wisconsin Challenge. Marathon organizers of several Wisconsin races are teaming together to offer a unique challenge to offer participants to earn bragging rights that they’ve “run Wisconsin” and a custom medal.
The challenge will feature five popular Wisconsin races:
- Icebreaker Indoor Marathon & Half Marathon(Milwaukee / January 2014 or 2015)
- Wisconsin Marathon & Half Marathon (Kenosha / May 2014)
- Madison Half Marathon (Madison / May 2014)
- Community First Fox Cities Marathon (Appleton / September 2014)
- Madison Marathon & Half Marathon (November 2014)
After completing all five races, participants will receive their medal. Due to the popularity of the Icebreaker Indoor Marathon & Half Marathon, participants have the option to sign up for the race in 2014 or 2015 to complete the challenge.
Participants need to register for the races on their own through the organizers’ websites. Of note, the Wisconsin Marathon, Community First Fox Cities Marathon and Madison Marathon are all USATF-certified and Boston Qualifier courses.
For more information about the challenge, visit http://www.marathonsofwisconsin.com/.
Check out our other Social Media sites:
Rachel C. , PhD Research Scientist Consultant @ U-VIB PhD,
Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling NREMT-P (National Registry of Paramedics)
– 911 Medic for over 15 years
– Scientist for over 7 years
– Runner for LIFE
contact Us at u-VIB
source: Austin Running Examiner by Lora Johnson