This smoothie may be green – and it does pack in leafy greens and is supremely nutritious – but that’s where any similarity with your average green smoothie ends. This green smoothie is mild, light, creamy, and super-smooth. It’s also super-filling and makes for an awesome breakfast, or for a great dessert/ treat. Add a little less liquid and it’s just perfectly sublime to be eaten with a spoon. It’s that good. If you need to get the kids to associate green with scrumptiousness this is your smoothie. If you have a sweet tooth and have to cheat the veggies into your diet, this is your smoothie. And, if you don’t like bananas (there are a lot of you out there!), this one is bananaless.
WHY THIS GREEN SMOOTHIE ROCKS
Hopefully having convinced that the Supreme Green is delectable, lets move on to it’s other attributes. The insane creaminess of this smoothie comes from avocado. Brazil and the Far East have long been making milkshakes, desserts and other sweet treats with it. Who knew? And why didn’t they tell us?
Supreme Green Smoothie is high in the following vitamins and minerals:
- High in calcium
- High in dietary fiber
- High in potassium
- Very high in vitamin A
- High in vitamin C
SUPREME GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 ripe pear
- 2 tbs low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- ice cubes
Makes 1 generous serving.
- Add a dash of pure vanilla extract or vanilla stevia drops for more flavor.
- If the pear isn’t sweet/ ripe enough use honey, banana, grapes or other such fruit to sweeten.
- For extra zing add a splash fresh lime juice.
- To boost protein add vanilla protein powder.
- Experiment a little and adapt it to suit your palate. See this smoothie infographic for ideas and ingredients to add to your smoothie.
For a smooth smoothie, first blend the spinach with the milk only. Once smooth, add remaining ingredients.
Smoothie Nutritional content:
297 calories, 13g fiber, 7.8g protein
Research Scientist Consultant @ U-VIB
PhD, Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling
NREMT-P (National Registry of Paramedics)
– 911 Medic for over 10 years
– Search Scientist for over 7 years
– Runner for LIFE
source: Super Skinny me